What are the hottest jobs of 2014?
Abridged: Business Insider
BOSTON, MA — CareerBuilder teamed up with Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI) to identify the occupations that grew by at least 7% from 2010 to 2013, are projected to grow in 2014, and pay at least $22 per hour. EMSI data is collected from more than 90 federal and state sources, such as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. Census Bureau, and state labor departments.
“In addition to higher pay levels and solid growth rates, what many of these jobs have in common is a talent shortage,” Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder and co-author of the book “The Talent Equation,” tells Business Insider. “Recruitment of skilled labor in specialized areas like information technology and health care has become highly competitive.” The list below reveals the jobs that are the fastest-growing and highest-paying for 2014:
1. Software Developers, Applications and Systems Software
2. Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
3. Training and Development Specialists
4. Financial Analysts
5. Physical Therapists
6. Web Developers
8. Database Administrator
9. Meeting, Convention and Event Planners
10. Interpreters and Translators
11. Petroleum Engineers
12. Information Security Analysts